October-December is my most favoritest time of the beer year. Winter seasonals all up in this motherfucker!!! I stand by my usage of three exclamation points as I am just THAT excited. As anyone who follows me on Untappd knows I have already indulged in my fair share of these delicious delicacies and I just wanted to share some of my recommendations.
1) Jubelale by Deschutes. Over 20 years strong in the game. Consistently delicious and readily available year after year. In addition, I would pay handsomely for prints of the the bottle art that features a new artist every year.
2) Celebration Fresh Hop IPA by Sierra Nevada. My favorite this year so far and in all truthiness, probably my favorite of any Fresh Hop IPA this year including Fort George’s amazing FRESH so it wins big in two of my made up personal categories of things.
3) Brrr! by Widmer Bros. Last year I was flaming mad about how lackluster this was. This year the brothers came back with a vengeance and totally redeemed themselves!
4) Java the Hop by Fort George. A little harder to come by than the first three, this is the perfect pairing of IPA and coffee. It contains enough coffee that it actually affected my night’s sleep. So smooth and tasty. Just over $10 for four pints of greatness. This beer is the perfect companion to any tailgater.
5) Vinter Varmer by Laurelwood Brewing. Probably the third true Winter Warmer ale I tasted in my entire life, this one holds a special place in my heart because of how drunk it got me at a bowling alley one time. Probably a little hard to find for those outside of the Pac NW, but if you come across it, I highly recommend a purchase. Only 6.4% ABV, but complex and malty in the best kind of way.